Friday, November 6, 2009

First post

Hi!
My name is Kevin (or Mr. Q) I am going to start blogging about an incident that took place in my life, a TBI or traumatic brain injury. I have one goal and purpose in mind, that is to shatter the silence of this injury and hopefully allow others suffering to finally get the help they need. I am right now aware that those who suffer with a TBI can never achieve a "full recovery". That does not mean however, life cannot be substantially increased.
I am also very painfully aware of what we all suffer with a TBI and am blessed right now that I have the capabilities to express it. I will encourage to share their insights and perceptions into this tradegy as perhaps, "one more" life can be touched and changed. I can tell you all right now that one of the most hurtful but perhaps seemingly innocent things to say to a TBI sufferer is, "well you seem fine to me".
More to come.

Mr. Q

3 comments:

  1. Hey, what a coincidence! I also have a friend named Kevin (who's last name also starts with Q) with a TBI. Great blog idea, as I know this silent suffering is happening with many. God bless you, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now this is just too strange. I have a friend named Kevin and his last name starts with Q too! And, he, too, has a TBI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kev,

    I too had a TBI about 30 years ago and I never spoke to anyone about it, they just didn't understand what I was trying to explain.

    I did get better over the years but now have things happening that I don't understand. I am wondering if it is related to that injury. They knew so little about it back then and didn't even have scans available.

    ReplyDelete